Editor’s note: I’m going to pretend that people actually read this space on occasion.
I’ve been pretty busy of late. I miss writing for this blog, but I’m struggling to find the proper time to say what I want to say. Hopefully things will get back to a little more normalcy. At the very least I hope I can write more shit, because I enjoy it and my massive and loyal readership deserves to hear my unchecked opinions.
Also, I’ve started writing for KC Metropolis, a local arts journal. Hopefully more writing means more writing. You can read some reviews there once things get going.
Here’s a video of Riccardo Muti conducting the Vienna Philharmonic in the Rosamunde Overture by Schubert:
A few things to note about this video:
- Riccardo Muti has supple and expressive hands that can pleasure any man or woman alive today
- Chicks! In the VPO! Better late (seriously, really fucking late) than never
- I’ve lost count of how many ridiculously cool oboe solos are in the standard repertoire…I would spit on a homeless person to play any of about 80 cool oboe solos.
- Don’t tell anyone, but sometimes I actually spit on homeless people anyway, oboe solos or not
- I did not type that last bullet point
- Franz Schubert, man.
- Franz Fucking Schubert